It's one of those quirks of life that while Richa's formal education is in business administration, she is a self-taught photographer. And what started off as a casual hobby has become an addiction. Fuelled by her various travels across India and the globe, the addiction has grown stronger over the years...and led to the inevitable transition from casual to serious photography.
Captivated by the interplay of light & shade, Richa seeks to capture the inherent tranquility of spaces, places, people, monuments. She is naturally drawn to the black & white medium...and to places where one finds light, amidst darkness.
* "Strength to Strength" (group show @ Apparao Galleries, The Lodhi, New Delhi, March - April 2016)
* "Changing Landscapes II" (group show @ Alliance Francaise de Delhi, Gurgaon centre, India, Sept-Oct 2014)
* Exhibited at India Art Fair January 2014 (Wonderwall gallery)
* "Lost in Tranquility" (solo show @ Wonderwall, New Delhi, India, Sept-Nov 2013)
* "Urbane Reflections" (group show @ Gallery Ragini, New Delhi, India, Oct/Nov 2012)
* 80 Masters of Indian Photography (from photo archives of NCPA, Mumbai, India, Aug 2012). To celebrate world photography day, Centre for Photography as an Art form (CPA), showcased works of 80 photographers. Richa's photo was the chiaroscuro "themed" VT station.
* "Lost in Tranquility" (solo show @Piramal Art Gallery, NCPA, Mumbai, India, Feb 2011)Â
* "Finding Light" (solo show @ Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi, India, Aug 2010)